1 box gluten-free lasagna noodles (10 oz.)
3/4 pound ground beef
1/2 small container of diced baby portabella mushrooms
8 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
grated parmesan cheese - as desired
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large can spaghetti sauce
1. Cook lasagna noodles following the directions on the box - stir frequently, then drain.
2. Heat garlic in olive oil, then add ground beef and brown. Mix in mushrooms and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add in 3/4 can of sauce and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
3. Cover bottom of shallow baking dish with layer of sauce (1/2 of remaining sauce in the can). Arrange first layer of noodles on top of sauce. Add layer of meat sauce. Arrange 2nd layer of noodles. Add layer of ricotta cheese. Arrange 3rd layer of noodles. Add another layer of meat sauce. Arrange 4th layer of noodles. Cover with remaining sauce from the can. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before eating.
Makes 8 servings.
This was my first attempt at gluten-free lasagna and it turned out delicious!